And then, of course, we inserted him into our carved pumpkin because even at five days old the boy is CRAFTY!
I brought the new nephew a little gift of a stuffed whale, which was just right for his little hands. It was great fun coming up with this pattern, because of course Cap'n wanted a whale too! So here it is (it's also in the article if you want to check it out there). Please give me feedback on the pattern for improvement!!
A Whale for Baby Pattern
1. Cut your contrasting whale fabrics - Two top pieces of blue and one belly piece of a fun fabric.
2. Pin the belly pieces to the body, right sides together starting at the tail and heading toward the nose.
3. Using a ¼" seam allowance, sew the 2 body pieces to the belly using a straight stitch from dot to dot (nose to tail).
4. Sew the two body pieces up the back with a straight stitch, leaving open the space for turning the whale.
5. Turn whale right side out and stuff.
6. Sew whale closed with a slip stitch. (Optional) Pull thread through whale and knot tight to create a "blowhole" indent.
You may repost, remake and redistribute as long as you link back, give cred, and not sell!! Thanks so much!